Monday, February 24, 2020

Distribution Plan

By researching different movies I found lots of different ways to distribute films. I would of course start out with the traditional ways of distribution such as finding a successful sales agent to represent my film in festivals. I would also make at least two trailers of the movie to attract attention and to keep the audience updated and more excited about the upcoming release date. After the release of my film, I would try and get it on major streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu. By doing this,  I would need to refine my pitch of the film before even finding a distributor. I would the find a distributor or an aggregator and they would then pitch it to Netflix or turn my film away. After hopefully getting pitched to Netflix, I would then wait for a response and hope to get accepted by them. By successfully making it on to Netflix, I can reach out to a broader audience and this attracts even more attention to the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission

We did not get the chance to make any revisions because of Covid-19 and the restrictions that came with it. School was cancelled and pla...